PROWL@Costa Rica

PROWL@Costa Rica
Working at Fe y Esperanza Church, Costa Rica. 2007.

About Me

Fayetteville, WV
I graduated from Marshall University in 2010. Currently I'm working as an Americorps volunteer at a local watershed organization in Fayetteville, WV. I'll be going to Virginia Tech to study Environmental Engineering this fall (2011). I'm vegetarian, love animals and want to improve the quality of the exploited nature around us. I like Spanish. I try hard, sometimes too hard. Sometimes I get it wrong, sometimes right. But step by step, I am determined to walk in God's path. Single and happy (most of the time). Need to start running again. Leftie. Sister, daughter, grand-daughter, cousin. Proud human-parent-like-figure of J.R. Blessed with a supportive network of friends and family. Dedicated creeper of PROWL and APO. Did I mention I love animals?

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Journaling without paper/pen?! OK...Here goes...

I've been very lackadaisical about journaling in this stage of my life. 

Several months ago, I finished the last page (mid-entry!) of my journal:  The one which accompanied me through  my last year at Marshall, the challenges of my past relationship, my parent's divorce, and back home to Fayetteville, WV.  To others it may be page after page of incessant rambling, but to me, it's a valuable work.

I was a very fastidious journaller-- something you can see by looking at the last journals of mine.  I tried to write on a regular basis, even if I didn't have much to discuss/contemplate/vent.  I wanted a detailed account of my observations and experiences, even amidst the mundane.  Then, I came home, began my job, started cooking / caring for Dad's apartment, and I quit journaling.

So, I've decided if I'd like to be a regular journaller again, I'd better find a more convenient means of doing so. Inspired by my bff, Selly, I decided it's time I step into the late 20th century and start a blog.  


In looking at my previous journals, they seem a little self-centered.  I seem to detail many events in relation to me.  

The goal of this future blog is to be a spiritual journal: the world (or rather my small glimpse of it) in all its splendor and ugliness, challenges and blessings, all relative to God.  


How does my life and the lives of those around me fit into God's plan?


This understanding must be whittled away.  As of now, my concept of God and our world is as a formless block of wood.  As pieces are chipped away, a meaningful image forms.  Little by little, with patience and persistence, must we approach God and the meaning of life. Little by little.  Poco a poco.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment