PROWL@Costa Rica

PROWL@Costa Rica
Working at Fe y Esperanza Church, Costa Rica. 2007.

About Me

Fayetteville, WV
I graduated from Marshall University in 2010. Currently I'm working as an Americorps volunteer at a local watershed organization in Fayetteville, WV. I'll be going to Virginia Tech to study Environmental Engineering this fall (2011). I'm vegetarian, love animals and want to improve the quality of the exploited nature around us. I like Spanish. I try hard, sometimes too hard. Sometimes I get it wrong, sometimes right. But step by step, I am determined to walk in God's path. Single and happy (most of the time). Need to start running again. Leftie. Sister, daughter, grand-daughter, cousin. Proud human-parent-like-figure of J.R. Blessed with a supportive network of friends and family. Dedicated creeper of PROWL and APO. Did I mention I love animals?

Monday, December 6, 2010

Dad's Dream

Dad told me about a dream he had this morning, one of those dreams that's so realistic and charged with emotion, that it's something that you carry around with you for hours after waking:
"I was with my Grandad when he was dying.   It was a sad moment. [He loved Grandpa very much]  He eventually died, and after he had died, the eyes of his body opened and he stared right at me and said 'Look into my eyes with your clear-minded eyes.'  I wasn't afraid, and I loved Grandpa, so I went with him.  And when I looked into his eyes, I saw his mind winding down, and the last little bits of his earthly being.

My good buddy, [childhood friend],  came by and I talked with him about it.  He told said, 'Clark, if you really believe these things, then you're in a bad place.  I'm worried about you.'  So I decided not to tell him the rest of the story...

Then, I decided to do God's will and Fly.  So I flew for a little while.

The next thing I know, I'm doing magic shows for kids' birthday parties.  I didn't really know what to do, but I had this bowl with a candle in it.  So I asked the Holy Spirit to come into the bowl, and said 'Now watch, kids.'  When the Holy Spirit came into the bowl, it looked like a red-plasma substance, and it floated and hovered this way and that.  [One of the women from church] was beside me, amazed.  I asked her if she wanted to drink a little, and she wasn't too sure about it.  I was like, 'It's fine.' so I drank a little and passed it around.  Then, she finally drank a little, and she cried like a baby.  Then I did the same thing with [another family member].  It was an experience filled with joy.  The crying was a joyful crying.  

It was one of those dreams when you wake up and feel peace, but your heart feels joyful and resigned, like a wet rag.  

Dad and I talked for a while as he lay there. I told him about a dream I had when I was around 6, where I walked down to the creek in our back yard and saw Jesus in a lawn chair, fishing.  So I walked up and asked him what he was up to.  And he said he was fishing for men, and was pulling these grey, floppy, Gollum-looking creatures out of the water.  The looked weird, but I wasn't afraid.  

Dad believes (I'll try to get it right) that God exists to animate material things.  Things that would normally be inanimate, and God, living in a spiritual dimension, creates "Life" by combining both the spiritual with the material.  Dad thinks that God and angels live in Eternity, or Heaven, or a Fourth Dimension (whatever you want to call it), where matter simply cannot persist (as Einstein touched on when he determined that no moving matter can ever exceed the Speed of Light). Only spiritual entities can exist in Eternity.  Matter simply cannot join.  When humans die, they enter into this dimension, and when Christ was born, he represented the first material "ambassador" from Eternity. 

Then, Dad told me of the Seven Sages, which preceded the Greek philosophers and would offer years of thought and wise advice encapsulated into a pithy phrase.  "Know thyself."  "All things in moderation."  "Be far-sighted with everything."  Dad told me he has always tried to have long-vision about things (I think this means imagination).  

This morning, I was going to do my daily Meditation by watching a Keith Battle sermon.  But the blasted site would not work!  ... now I'm grateful for that.  I feel like this morning has been one of those little gems we have in life that will stay with us forever. 

~~ Thank you, Lord, for those moments that define us and shape us.  Those small, unplanned experiences which we will carry with us for the rest of our lives, and which will  alsogive us a tiny glimpse of who You are.  ~~

The following is a picture of the Andromeda Galaxy.  It's about 2.5 million light-years away from West Virignia.

No comments:

Post a Comment